The Independent Living Centre will be in your region from early June 2018. We are seeking expressions of interest from anyone who feels they would like some information and advice about assistive equipment (members of the community, parents, groups, therapists, care staff, carers, and teachers).
I can bring the following types of equipment for trial.
- Eating and drinking: Adaptive cutlery
- Pressure care: Roho Smart Check Cushion, Varilite Meridian Cushion
- Computer Access: Alternative Keyboards, mice, literacy software & apps, switches and iPad accessibility information
- Environmental Control Units: Alternative remotes, Smartphone, IR blaster.
- Low tech communication options.
- Child Car Seats: Columbia TIS, Britax Safe n Sound Maxi Guard (Broome and Derby only)
- Manual Wheelchair: Panthera U3, Helio C2 (Broome and Derby only)
Professional Development sessions can be tailored to meet the needs of groups and workplaces. For information and inspiration on topics please have a look at the current training sessions offered by the ILC.
With our 4-wheel-drive vehicle, trailer and caravan filled with equipment, we can offer a range of services:
Trailer / Table displays with hundreds of products to make life easier. Professional advice from a therapist is available. Please note: no equipment is available for purchase from the displays
Talks to Community Groups
Such as senior’s groups, Lion’s Clubs, Bowling Clubs, Carer’s Groups, HACC groups
Training / Workshops for Health Professionals / Support Staff / Education Staff.
Formal presentations, informal updates or training on specific topics
A time may be pre-booked with the therapist to discuss an individual’s needs and to ensure suitable equipment is brought for them to view / trial