The Independent Living Centre WA has been the leading provider of information and advice about assistive technologies for communication, learning, recreation and work in Western Australia for 40 years. Our speech pathologists and occupational therapists are respected for their experience, knowledge and skill working with the latest assistive technologies and communication aids.
Though our assistive technology consultation service our experienced team members can provide information and advice to help people choose and access the most appropriate assistive technology or communication aids.
To provide a more comprehensive service, we also offer community allied health services for children and adults including assessment, training, support and therapy services.
ILC’s team members are experienced and skilled in the areas of:
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) options including:
- Non-electronic communication aids, such as communication books and boards
- Single message, sequenced message and static display communication aids
- Electronic communication aids, including iPad apps and dedicated communication devices
- Alternative access options, such as eye gaze, switch access and partner assisted scanning
- Options for controlling appliances such as televisions, DVD players and lights
- Software, apps and gadgets for supporting literacy
- Mounting of communication devices, environmental controls, switches, laptops, iPads
- Voice amplifiers
- Tablets, apps and smart phones
- Equipment to access the computer such as alternative keyboard and mouse options
You can contact our team by phone, email, appointment in person or by videoconference.
Call (08) 9381 0600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology and Communication Services:
|Services For Children and Teenagers||Services for Adults|
|Services for Seniors||Services in the Country|
|Services for Schools||Services for Organisations|
|Training and Workshops|
Technology and Communication Projects and Resources:
|Assistive Technology and Equipment Resources
A range of resources including Technology and Communication topics, based on common enquiries.
Developing touchscreen, switch and eye gaze skills for learning and beyond.
|Engaging in Eye Gaze
Developing skills for eye gaze for learning, communication and recreation.
A project designed to connect people to emerging assistive technology.
|CAEP AAC Consultancy & Refurbishment
A service supporting individuals, families and therapists to access Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
|Emerging Technology Videos|
|Telephone:||(08) 9381 0600|
|Toll Free:||1300 885 886 - Local Call|
|Fax:||(08) 9381 0611|
|Open:||Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm WST|
Watch our video below to see how ILC can support people with complex communication needs:
Daniel’s story – How the right communication system for Daniel has changed his life
Daniel and his mum Joanne share with us how the right communication system for Daniel has changed his life. The video demonstrates how having the right assistive technology and communication aids, along with a good support team, can make a big difference to a person’s life.