Occupational Therapist – Assistive Technology Services
Fulltime contract – to 30 June 2019 with possibility of extension
Location – Nedlands
Seeking Applications from Occupational Therapists to join the Independent Living Centre of WA.
ILC WA is a leading provider of information, advice, assessment, training, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced occupational therapist to join our assistive technology service in a full time capacity.
This highly sought after position will work in the Assistive Technology Services team, to provide a high level of assistive technology support to people of all ages and abilities, their carers, service providers, educators and other health professionals.
This flexible and varied role will include;
- Provision of expert advice, assessment and prescription on a range of assistive technology.
- Building capacity of individuals, carers, support organisations, schools and other health professionals to support choice in the understanding and use of assistive technology.
- Provision of training in the area of assistive technology to individuals, organisations, schools and health professionals.
- Working with a diverse and highly motivated team of allied health and customer service backgrounds in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, dynamic and innovative Occupational Therapist. They will be highly flexible and organised. Demonstration of a high levels of communication, problem solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
The therapist will have a high level of clinical expertise and experience working with assistive technology and the various services and funding available to support assistive technology choice.
Submit the following documentation in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Provide a curriculum vitae that demonstrates your relevant work experience and suitability for the role.
- In no more than two pages demonstrate, with examples, how you are suitable for the role in the context of the work related requirements.
- ILC Employment Application form
For the full position description and work related requirements please click on the “Position Description” link below. We encourage you to contact Linda Tran, Service Coordinator (08) 9381 0600, to discuss the specifics of the position.
* Please note, applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
Applications close Wednesday 6 February 2019, 5pm WST
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.