- Initial Fixed-term Contract – 30 June 2020
- Part-time – hours negotiable
- Location – Perth Metro
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging
Independent Living Assessment (ILA) enhances health and well-being by connecting the community with trusted knowledge and expertise.
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to support delivery of the Equipment Grants Program and NDIS Clinical Advisory service. You will be working with individuals, carers, support organisations, staff and funding bodies to ensure optimal assessment outcomes..
This highly sought after position is predominantly non-client facing. Working within a small but cohesive team you will utilise your OT knowledge, skills and expertise to review and assess equipment grant applications and NDIS applications for assistive technology (AT), with the possibility of a broader scope of activities in the future.
This flexible and varied role will include:
- Utilising OT expertise and clinical reasoning to assess equipment grants and NDIS applications for AT.
- Coordinating, planning, reporting, delivery and evaluation of equipment grant applications.
- Providing consumers, carers, health professionals, and service providers with advice on assistive technology, equipment, resources and navigation of most appropriate funding pathway.
- Preparing written documentation for panel assessment and reporting purposes.
- Preparing and participating in advisory group meetings, both internal and external.
- Participating within the team and wider organisation to identify and action service development and growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative occupational therapist. You will have a high level of understanding of the needs of a wide range of people including children with disabilities to older people requiring assistive technology and/or guidance with environmental design, and be able to apply this when reviewing applications. Excellent communication, problem solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills. Given this position is office based, the successful candidate will also have excellent computer skills, and ability to learn and apply new information quickly.
- Provide a curriculum vitae that demonstrates your relevant work experience and suitability for the role.
- In no more than two pages demonstrate, with examples, how you are suitable for the role in the context of the work related requirements.
Applications close: COB 7 February 2020 (WST)
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
We encourage you to contact Andrea Morris on (08) 9382 0292 or email@example.com, to discuss the specifics of the position.
View full Position Description view at ” Work For Us” https://ilc.com.au/about/work/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note, applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Short-listing and interviewing may commence before closing date.