- Full-time Contract – until June 2020 with possibility of extension
- Location – Perth Metro
- Growth has provided this exciting opportunity
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging
ILC WA is a leading provider of information, advice, assessment, training, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to support development and the delivery of the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Modifications and Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology (GEAT) services. You will be working with individuals, carers, support organisations, staff and key partners to ensure optimal outcomes for individuals accessing the ILC services.
This highly sought after position will work within the CHSP funded services of Home Modifications, GEAT, and Allied Health, providing a high level of home modifications/ assistive technology advice and delivery to people of all ages and abilities, but predominantly people over 65 years of age.
This flexible and varied role will include:
- Development and delivery of specialised home modifications advice that support individuals and their families/carers to retain/optimise functional capacity, maximise quality of life and engage with community and social activities.
- Completion of home based assessments, under CHSP service delivery models.
- Providing guidance and support to the GEAT service by providing clinical expertise on assistive technologies.
- The opportunity to work within a diverse and highly motivated team of allied health professionals and Customer Service Officers in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative occupational therapist. You will have a high level of understanding of the needs of a wide range of people including children with disabilities to the elderly particularly in the areas of assistive technology and environmental design. You will have a demonstrated high level of clinical expertise in assistive technology and home modifications assessment and prescription. Excellent communication, problem solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
- Provide a curriculum vitae that demonstrates your relevant work experience and suitability for the role.
- In no more than two pages demonstrate, with examples, how you are suitable for the role in the context of the work related requirements.
Applications close Saturday 21st of December 2019 (WAST)
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
* Please note, applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.