Occupational Therapist – Equipment and Grants Team
Fulltime contract – to 30 June 2019 with possibility of extension
Location – Perth Metro
ILC WA is a leading provider of information, advice, assessment, training, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to support development and the delivery of the newly funded Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Modifications and our existing Equipment Grants portfolio. You will be working with individuals, carers, support organisations, staff and key partners to ensure optimal outcomes for individuals accessing the ILC services.
This highly sought after position will work within the Equipment Grants Team, providing a high level of assistive technology/home modifications advice and delivery to people of all ages and abilities.
This flexible and varied role will include:
- Development and delivery of specialised home modifications advice that support individuals and their families/carers to retain/optimise functional capacity, maximise quality of life and engage with community and social activities.
- Preparation of professional reports and assessment of equipment funding applications, providing clinical reasoning and recommendations on assistive technology.
- The opportunity to work within a diverse and highly motivated team of allied health professionals and Customer Service Officers in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative occupational therapist. They will have understanding of the needs of a wide range of people with disabilities from children to the elderly particularly in the areas of assistive technology and environmental design. They will have a demonstrated high level of clinical expertise in assistive technology and home modifications assessment and prescription, particularly in the areas of seating. Demonstrated high levels of communication, problem solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
Submit the following documentation in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Provide a curriculum vitae that demonstrates your relevant work experience and suitability for the role.
- In no more than two pages demonstrate, with examples, how you are suitable for the role in the context of the work related requirements.
- ILC Employment Application form
For the full position description and work related requirements please click on the “Position Description” link below. We encourage you to contact Jenny Bishop, Service Coordinator (08) 9381 0600, to discuss the specifics of the position.
* Please note, applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
Applications close Monday 4 February 2019, 5pm WST
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.