- Full-time Contract – until June 2020 with possibility of extension
- Commencing January 2020
- Location – Perth Metro
- Competitive Salary with generous salary packaging
ILC WA is a leading provider of information, advice, assessment, training, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
The ILC is funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) to provide allied health home care support in Perth to CHSP eligible clients. Our allied health professionals provide people with short-term occupational therapy services with a focus on regaining or maintaining their physical, functional and cognitive abilities, which support their safety and maximise their independence and quality of life.
This highly sought after position will work within the CHSP Allied Health Service, providing a high level of assistive technology/home modifications assessment to people of all ages and abilities.
This flexible and varied role will include:
- Delivery of specialised clinical assessment and prescription of assistive technology and home modifications that support individuals and their families/carers to retain/optimise functional capacity, maximise quality of life and engage with community and social activities.
- Undertaking of person centred assessments that identify the clients’ functional capacity, strengths and lifestyle goals and develop a holistic, individualised client focussed therapy plan in partnership with the client and their carer.
- Preparation of professional reports and equipment funding applications, providing clinical reasoning and recommendations on assistive technology and related therapy services.
- The opportunity to work within a diverse and highly motivated team of allied health professionals, in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative occupational therapist. They will have understanding of the needs of a wide range of people with disabilities from children to the elderly particularly in the areas of assistive technology and environmental design. They will have a demonstrated high level of clinical expertise in assistive technology and home modifications assessment and prescription, particularly in the areas of seating and wheelchairs. Demonstrated high levels of communication, problem solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
Register your interest on SEEK today by submitting your resume and a cover letter, addressing selection criteria (in no more than 2 pages).
Applications close COB Monday 02 December 2019 (WAST)
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.