Technology and equipment has enormous potential to support and improve the lives of older people. Keeping up with what is available and what is new can be time consuming.
Aged & Community Services WA and Independent Living Centre WA invite you to a full day symposium where you can hear how equipment and technology can make a real difference to the lives of people you support.
What’s on offer?
- Keynote speaker Dr Natasha Layton is the National Professional Practice & Standards Manager with Occupational Therapy Australia. Hear about her research and findings on how aged and community services can make the best of enabling technologies
- Inspiring presentations from ILC, Clip Solutions, Visibility, TADWA, ECU, UWA, National Relay Service, e-Tools, Bentech Assistive Technologies, Befriend and Brightwater Care Group
- Over 15 exhibitors demonstrating products for organisations and consumers
- New ideas and practical strategies
- The opportunity to touch, feel and explore new equipment
- Discovering how technology can engage and enhance wellness for older people
- Learning how to provide more integrated, flexible and person centred services
Who should attend?
- Managers, coordinators and carers in community, residential or retirement living
- Health and allied professionals
- Technical support officers / consultants
- Regional Assessment Centre employees
- ACAT teams
Date: Thursday 19th May 2016
Venue: Independent Living Centre WA, The Niche, 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands
Time: 9.00am to 4.00pm
Cost: $200 per person (incl. GST) or $500 for 3 people (incl. GST)