ILC’s Technology Team presents a range of workshop and training sessions statewide. Our team of allied health professionals have extensive clinical experience and up to date knowledge of assistive and education technologies and augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
Workshops can be customised to suit small to large groups, with an experiential approach allowing all participants to develop skills and practice techniques, as well as having the opportunity to trial a range of equipment.
Available training topics include:
- Using tablets and choosing apps for students with special needs
- Literacy support technologies including software training – Text Help, Dragon, Word Q, Clicker and more
- Communication device training
- Implementing communication aids in the classroom
- Communication apps and software – including Proloquo2Go, Touch Chat, Boardmaker, Tobii Communicator and more
- Positioning and mount of technology
- Switch accessible technology
The Technology Team also provides consultation services to schools to assist with identifying and prioritising their assistive technology needs, as well as providing training and classroom support to ensure the technology invested in by the school is maximised to its full potential.
Find a list of workshops on offer below.ILC Tech Training List