The ILC Tech Country Services team visits regional and remote areas within Western Australia on request. The team consists of Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists who can provide information and advice on a range of technology options including:
- Tablets and apps
- Computer Access equipment such as alternative keyboard and mouse options
- A range of high-tech voice output communication devices and low-tech communication options
- Environmental control systems to control appliances such as televisions, DVD players, lights
- Literacy support software and tools
ILC Tech Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists can hold appointments with individuals and members of their support network to provide information and advice on technology options. We bring along a wide range of technology equipment to explore.
A referral form will need to be completed for each individual requiring an appointment. The referrer will be the main contact person for the ILC Tech team. Appointment time and venue can be negotiated and may include home or school. The referrer will be responsible for informing those who are attending the appointment of the appointment time and location. ILC Tech encourages the referrer to involve all necessary stakeholders including educators, therapists and family members.
Talks to community groups
Groups such as seniors, My Time play groups and carer support groups can contact us prior to the visit to arrange a talk on assistive technology and our services.
If ILC Tech is unable to visit your town we can provide information and advice via videoconference, teleconference or Skype.
We may also organize a videoconference prior to the visit to discuss referrals or equipment choices.
Training and Events
ILC Tech offers a range of workshops and training sessions state-wide. Visit our Training and Events page for more information.
To see regional events and activities currently scheduled, visit our Whats On page
Who we can help (eligibility)
There are no eligibility criteria in accessing ILC Tech Country Services.
The information and advice provided by ILC Tech Country Services is a free service provided to people with a disability, older people, their carers and service providers.
Fees may apply for workshops. To find out more please contact ILC Tech Country Services.
If you would like ILC Tech to visit your town, please follow these steps:
- Start discussions between local allied health teams, schools, LAC’s and families regarding which individuals may benefit from an appointment to look at communication aids, computer access, other educational technology etc.
- Contact the ILC Tech Country Services Coordinator on 9381 0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit.
- Complete referral form for each client requiring an appointment.
- The ILC Tech Country Coordinator will review the referrals and coordinate appointments with the local referrer.
The ILC Tech Country Service visits towns on request. To see regional events and activities currently scheduled, visit our Whats On page