From 2 July 2018, the ILC Allied Health Service funded by the WA Home and Community Care (HACC) program began transitioning across to the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) for people aged 65 and over and 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
The CHSP provides entry-level support at home and in the community. The ILC Allied Health Service will continue to operate as it does currently during this transition. There will be no changes to our service provision. To find out more, please read this article.
The ILC Allied Health Service for HACC eligible adults with a disability who are living in the community with an ongoing functional disability and their carers will continue to operate as it currently does.
Whether you are a CHSP or HACC client, our allied health professionals can provide you with short-term occupational therapy and physiotherapy services with a focus on regaining or maintaining your physical, functional and cognitive abilities, which support your safety and maximise your independence and quality of life.
How our allied health professionals can support your independence and wellbeing through home health care in Perth
Our physiotherapists or occupational therapists may be able to support you and your carer if you have goals to:
- Increase your independence and safety with daily activities such as showering, dressing and preparing meals
- Reduce your risk of falls and improve your strength and balance
- Access your community and participate in social activities
- Manage memory loss or chronic disease (i.e. associated pain and fatigue)
Our therapists may be able to help you by:
- Showing you new ways to approach an activity
- Providing advice on assistive equipment
- Improving your mobility and activity levels
- Providing advice on how to avoid falls
- Developing a custom exercise program to increase your strength and balance
- Providing advice on ways to reduce and manage the effects of pain, fatigue and breathlessness
- Enabling you to access your community independently
- Suggesting changes to your home environment
- Providing strategies to overcome memory loss
- Providing information and education to your carers
Who can access our Community Allied Health Services?
Our services are offered to:
- eligible people seeking to receive basic support services under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. This includes frail aged people aged 65 years and over and 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- HACC eligible adults with a disability who are living in the community with an ongoing functional disability and their carers.
This service currently covers the whole of the Perth Metropolitan Region.
How to access our Community Allied Health Services
- If you currently receive CHSP funded support and feel that our allied health home care services in Perth may benefit you contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturdays.
- If you are aged 65 years and over, or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and don’t currently receive services and would like more information about aged care and how to access the services that are right for you visit the My Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422.
- If you currently receive HACC funded support and feel that our allied health home care services in Perth may benefit you contact 1300 785 415.
- If you are under 65 years with an ongoing functional disability and live in the community, or are the carer of this person, and would like more information on HACC funded services visit the HACC website or contact 1300 785 415.
For more information about the ILC Community Allied Health Service in Perth, contact our Service Coordinator, Kelly McAuliffe on:
Tel: 08 9381 0677
Fees for our Community Allied Health Services
All CHSP and HACC clients are expected to pay fees as a contribution to their support services. Capacity to pay is based on income levels. Our home care Service Coordinator in Perth, Kelly McAuliffe will be able to advise you on the fees for our allied health service, which will be based on your income level. Kelly welcomes your enquiries about fees for our allied health services on 08 9381 0677.