The Independent Living Centre WA is funded by the WA Home and Community Care (HACC) Program to provide allied health home care support in Perth to HACC eligible clients.
Our allied health professionals can provide you with short-term occupational therapy and physiotherapy services with a focus on regaining or maintaining your physical, functional and cognitive abilities, which support your safety and maximise your independence and quality of life.
How our allied health professionals can support your independence and wellbeing through home health care in Perth
Our physiotherapists or occupational therapists may be able to support you and your carer if you have goals to:
- Increase your independence and safety with daily activities such as showering, dressing and preparing meals
- Reduce your risk of falls and improve your strength and balance
- Access your community and participate in social activities
- Manage memory loss or chronic disease (i.e. associated pain and fatigue)
Our therapists may be able to help you by:
- Showing you new ways to approach an activity
- Providing advice on assistive equipment
- Improving your mobility and activity levels
- Providing advice on how to avoid falls
- Developing a custom exercise program to increase your strength and balance
- Providing advice on ways to reduce and manage the effects of pain, fatigue and breathlessness
- Enabling you to access your community independently
- Suggesting changes to your home environment
- Providing strategies to overcome memory loss
- Providing information and education to your carers
Who can access our HACC Allied Health Service
This service is offered to eligible people seeking to receive basic support services under the WA Home and Community Care (HACC) Program. This includes frail aged people and young adults with a disability who are living in the community with an ongoing functional disability and their carers.
This service currently covers the whole of the Perth Metropolitan Region.
How to access our HACC Allied Health Service
- If you currently receive HACC funded support and feel that our allied health home care services in Perth may benefit you contact 1300 785 415.
- If you don’t currently receive HACC funded services and would like more information visit the HACC website or contact 1300 785 415.
For more information about the ILC HACC Allied Health Home Care Service in Perth, contact our Service Coordinator, Kelly McAuliffe on:
Tel: 08 9381 0677
Fees for our HACC Allied Health Service
All HACC clients are expected to pay fees as a contribution to their support services. Capacity to pay is based on income levels. Our home care Service Coordinator in Perth, Kelly McAuliffe will be able to advise you on the fees for our allied health service, which will be based on your income level. Kelly welcomes your enquiries about fees for our allied health services on 08 9381 0677.