EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
• Casual positions – Mandurah/Rockingham areas
• Within ILC Community Allied Health Service
Seeking Expressions of Interest from occupational therapists to join the Independent Living Centre of WA.
ILC WA is a leading provider of information, advice, assessment, training, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
The Independent Living Centre WA is looking to recruit an experienced occupational therapist to support delivery of allied health services, involving work with individuals, carers, support organisations, staff and key partners to ensure optimal outcomes for individuals accessing the ILC services.
This highly sought after position will work within the Community Allied Health Service, providing a high level of assistive technology/home modifications assessment to people of all ages and abilities.
This flexible and varied role will include:
- Delivery of specialised clinical assessment and prescription of assistive technology and home modifications that support individuals and their families/carers to retain/optimise functional capacity, maximise quality of life and engage with community and social activities.
- Undertaking of person centred assessments that identify the clients’ functional capacity, strengths and lifestyle goals and develop a holistic, individualised client focussed therapy plan in partnership with the client and their carer.
- Preparation of professional reports and equipment funding applications, providing clinical reasoning and recommendations on assistive technology and related therapy services.
- The opportunity to work within a diverse and highly motivated team of allied health professionals, in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative occupational therapist. They will have understanding of the needs of a wide range of people with disabilities from children to the elderly particularly in the areas of assistive technology and environmental design. They will have a demonstrated high level of clinical expertise in assistive technology and home modifications assessment and prescription, particularly in the areas of seating and wheelchairs. Demonstrated high levels of communication, problem solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
Register your interest today by submitting your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be contacted after the closing date with information on the next steps. We encourage you to contact Alison Senior, on (08) 9381 0600, for the specifics of the position.
Applications Close: 31st August 2017 at 5pm
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.