The Independent Living Centre WA (ILC) is seeking industry and business leaders with vision and drive to complement its existing Board membership.
A leader in its field, the ILC assists Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
Like many organisations in the disability and aged care sector, the ILC Board is strategically planning for changes ahead in the sector and has a strong focus on new business development.
Expressions of interest are now open for highly motivated people with significant experience, knowledge and skills in finance, IT, legal, clinical and business sectors.
The ILC was founded in 1977 as an information and advisory service on assistive equipment and technology. The organisation has expanded over the years, managed and driven by an effective Board of Management, which is committed to the vision and ideals of this not for profit agency.
The ILC has significantly developed its range of services over the past few years and grown its sources of income. Services include community allied health and home modification services, carer support and respite, assistive technology and equipment, occupational therapy driver assessment, Home and Community Care regional assessment, and grants and equipment funding.
Further information is available at: https://ilc.com.au/
The term of appointment is two years with an option to renominate.
All Board members are expected to have:
- an understanding of, and commitment to, the focus of ILC and its breadth of services to the community;
- the skills and ability to contribute to its strategic direction and performance monitoring;
- the ability to contribute to the ILC’s growth and viability through leveraging their existing networks and helping to develop new ones;
- highly developed communications skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders; and
- excellent understanding and experience of good practice relating to governance of organisations.
Knowledge of Commonwealth and State funding arrangements for the aged care sector and National Disability Insurance Scheme is highly desirable.
- Attending and making significant contributions to monthly Board meetings (minimum eight times per year) and other key ILC activities;
- Providing expertise in the Board’s decision making; and
- Ensuring that decisions reflect and enhance the organisation’s Strategic Plan, governance practices, financial position and legal obligations.
Applications should include:
- A brief cover letter outlining the skills and experience the candidate brings to the Board; and
- A full resume detailing work history, relevant experience and qualifications, including contact details.
Interviews will be conducted with short listed candidates.
Applications should be sent by 5pm on Tuesday 19 June 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries on the positions, please contact Steve Glew, CEO, on 9381 0600 or email as above.