As well as attending a range of conferences to keep up to date in the areas we work and to upskill and expand our knowledge, representatives from the ILC are often approached to speak at conferences. The ILC also hosts a range of events and workshops.
Recent topics presented on include:
– ILC research and communication initiatives;
– Pathways to low cost aids and equipment;
– Evaluation of AT outcomes for HACC consumers of the assistive technology service;
– OT’s talking tablets;
– Older drivers – Changes to mandatory practical driving tests and OT driver assessment;
– Speaking the language of CaLD communities through Evergreen College; and
– Changing perceptions with increasing diversity in aged care.
The ILC also hosts a range of events and workshops covering topics including:
– TouchChat App – Making it work for you!;
– Mini Tech Expo;
– Making Choices for High Tech AAC Devices;
– Supporting Communication Through Play – Aided Language Stimulation;
– Communication Device Update;
– CaLD Perspectives of Continence Care;
– Supporting children with severe social, emotional & behavioural disorders;
– Are You a Carer Over the Age of 50? Workshop;
– Carers Community Expo;
– Sexuality, Intimacy & Physical Disability Workshop; and
– Travel Safe: Selecting Car Seats and Harnesses for Children with Special Needs.
If you would like to request an ILC presenter for an upcoming conference you are hosting please contact the relevant service area on (08) 9381 0600.