IMPORTANT UPDATE July 2017 – New EFL Funds available
The Independent Living Centre of WA has Equipment for Living (EFL) grant funding from the Department of Communities (formerly DSC) to continue the program until June 2019.
Equipment for Living Grants (EFL) are available to assist eligible people to obtain vital equipment not currently available through the CAEP or other support programs. The grants will provide essential items that enable individuals with disabilities to have increased participation within their homes and communities. The maximum individual grant is $6,000. Please refer to the application form for eligibility criteria.
The following is a list or examples of equipment that may be considered:
- Wheelchairs for community access or as an alternative to a primary mobility device
- Specialised car seats and occupant restraints
- Electrically adjustable beds or specialised beds. e.g. Bariatric beds
- Alternative seating or seating to facilitate transfers
- Standing frames where CAEP funding is not available
- Environmental controls and other emerging technologies
- Assistive communication technology or mainstream technology with inbuilt accessibility features
- Equipment for alternative living arrangements e.g. Shared custody
- Items to support client safety outside the home
- Small home modifications where CAEP funding is unavailable
Please download the latest EFL Grant Application form. The same form is available in different formats. (Revised January 2018)
PDF versionEFL Individual Grant Application Information Pack Type-in Word document form EFL Individual Grant Application Information Pack - Type in Print Version of Word document EFL Individual Grant Application Information Pack
For further information or enquiries, or to request a Grant Application Pack to be mailed to you.