- Full Time
- Initial Fixed term contract – 30 June 2020
- Perth Metro Location
The Independent Living Centre of WA (ILC) is a leading centre of excellence for information, advice and expertise about assistive technology and equipment available for seniors and people with disability.
Our passionate and experienced health professionals and support staff have been supporting people to be independent, well, safe and to achieve the goals they aspire to reach for over 40 years.
A new opportunity has become available due to expansion for an experienced, dynamic and positive Program Support Officer to join our Home Modifications and Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology(GEAT) team.
These services, funded via the Commonwealth Home Support Program provide a subsidy for people over 65, towards equipment or home modifications to help them live in their homes as safely and independently as possible.
The ideal person will need to have the ability to work independently and also within a team to screen and process high volumes of referrals. They will be responsible for the day to day processing of home modification subsidy requests, under the guidance of experienced Occupational Therapists. This role will also provide support to our GEAT service as required.
They will have exceptional;
- administration, IT and interpersonal skills,
- ability to efficiently manage own workload and be a team player,
- organisational skills, communication skills, and ability to problem solve.
Experience working within CHSP, or in aged care is desirable, as is knowledge of how assistive technology and home modifications can help people as they age, however if you are a fast learner this is not essential.
This is a growing service provided by the ILC and is continually evolving. We are looking for a person who enjoys a challenge, is flexible, adaptable and will slot into our fantastic team with ease.
Submit the following documentation in confidence via Seek.
1. Provide a curriculum vitae that demonstrates your relevant work experience and suitability for the role.
2. In no more than two pages demonstrate, with examples, how you are suitable for the role in the context of the work related requirements.
We encourage you to contact Jenny Bishop, Service Coordinator, on 08 9381 0600, to discuss the specifics of the position.
* Please note, applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
Applications close COB Monday 09 December 2019 (WST)
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only short listed candidates will be contacted.