Full Time 12 month Contract Plus car
Interested in making a difference, working with a passionate team in a dynamic environment then this exciting new role is for you.
The Independent Living Centre WA (ILC) provides information and advice, assessment, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking for an efficient, highly customer focused full-time Allied Health Assistant to join our dedicated team in Westminster. This position supports the delivery of services to Home and Community Care clients (Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy) in a client’s home, under the direction of Allied Health Professionals. The position will work within a clearly defined scope of practice and will include a mix of direct client support and indirect support by undertaking a range of clinical and non-clinical tasks. It also provides administration support to HACC Allied Health Services as required.
The ideal candidate would have completed certificate iii/iv in Allied Health Assistance, experienced in setting up and maintaining of equipment, capable of working autonomously within the community. Interested in making a difference and empowering clients to maximize their independence and safety.
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate III / IV in Allied Health Assistance (Essential)
- Previous experience in an Allied Health setting, ideally for a community home visiting service
- An understanding of the Home and Community Care (HACC) program
- Ability to provide a high standard of assistance and support to a small team.
- Experience in delivering quality customer service and liaison with suppliers or stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with ICT, including client data bases, office suite applications and statistical records.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work cohesively and with initiative in a team and positively contribute to team spirit and motivation.
- Current “C” class driver’s license.
- Current National Police Check
- Knowledge of general legislative requirements (Workplace Health & Safety Act, Privacy Act etc.)
Register your interest today by submitting your resume, a cover letter, ILC Application form and a separate document addressing each selection criteria, in confidence to email@example.com.
For the full position description and selection criteria, please click on the ” Position Description” link below. We encourage you to contact Kelly McAuliffe, Service Coordinator 08 9381 0677, to discuss the specifics of the position.
Please note applications that have not addressed the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications will be dealt with as received
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.