The Independent Living Centre WA (ILC) provides information and advice, assessment, training, funding and hire services that enable Western Australians of all ages and abilities to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
Service areas include community allied health and home modification services, carer support and respite, assistive technology and equipment, occupational therapy driver assessment, Home and Community Care regional assessment, and grants and equipment funding.
The ILC was founded in 1977 by Ms Freda Jacob as an information and advisory service on assistive equipment and technology. The organisation has expanded and grown over the years, managed and driven by an effective Board of Management.
A community in which participation, living independently and inclusion are valued and supported.
To support all individuals, including people with disability, those who are ageing, their families and carers, to live full and independent lives through the provision of allied health and assistive technology solutions.
- Integrity: Working, behaving, speaking and listening with honesty and truthfulness.
- Passion: Going the extra mile because we believe in what we do.
- Respect: Valuing people and embracing their individual or unique qualities.
- Collaboration: Building relationships, sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Innovation: Seeking creative solutions and opportunities, having confidence to think differently and have a go.
- Responsible: Being reliable and accountable and doing as we say we will do.