Assistive equipment, technology and changes to the home can help people with disability and older people to remain in their home, be safer and more independent.
At ILC Cockburn you can get expert, unbiased information and advice from an occupational therapist about equipment and technology options for you, or for the person or family member you are caring for.
The Centre is set up like an apartment so you can see, trial and experience assistive equipment, technology and changes to the home in a replica living environment.
ILC Cockburn also features an integrated ‘Smart Home’ display. Smart home technology can provide an alternative way to control appliances and services in the home and ensure people’s safety.
For example, you can switch the lights on simply by walking into a room, change the TV channel with a smart phone, control the blinds via a tablet and see who is at your doorstep and be able to let visitors in with the touch of a button from any room in your home.
Also on display at ILC Cockburn is telecare technology including personal alarm call systems; a wireless alerting system which enables people with hearing loss to recognise when the doorbell, phone or smoke alarm is ringing; and a range of other assistive equipment and technology products.
ILC Cockburn compliments the Nedlands Centre which has thousands of assistive equipment and technology items on display including mobility devices, telecommunications, personal care aids, kitchen equipment, lifting and transferring products, seats, beds and home modifications.
Visit ILC Cockburn for free information and advice at:
Suite 6B, Ground Floor, Cockburn Integrated Health and Community Facility
11 Wentworth Parade, Success
Open: Between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 9381 0600
View a map including parking and access information here.
- Meet the team at ILC Cockburn
- Watch the video ‘Smart Houses – Homes for independent living’ courtesy of the West Australian highlighting some of the assistive equipment and smart home technology you can view and trial at ILC Cockburn.
- Read more about Smart Home Automation here
- Find further details on ILC’s Assistive Equipment Services
- Search NED, our National Equipment Database. You can search over 10,000 assistive technology and equipment products to help people remain independent and improve their quality of life.
Thank you to all our supporters including:
- Disability Services Commission
- Home & Community Care (HACC)
- Curtin University
- Galvin Engineering
- Gemini Industries
- Automated Interiors
- Peter Arif – The Good Guys Cockburn
- Zip Industries
- Zonda Architectural Hardware
- Bellfort Commercial Interior Design & Fitout