Independent Living Centre WA are offering a new workshop ‘Fundamentals of Assistive Technology.’ The workshop is designed for Support Workers, Care Coordinators and other front line staff working in the aged care and disability sector. Assistive Technology (AT) includes any piece of equipment that allows an individual to perform a task that they would otherwise be unable to do, or increase the ease and safety with which a task can be performed.
This four hour workshop covers the fundamental skills and knowledge for good AT practice for support staff to make safe decisions. The key concepts in the AT process will be explored as well as how to facilitate a good AT journey for your clients. In addition to this, the practical activities will give participants hands-on experience with technologies for daily living, and utilising good resources of AT information.
Assistive Technologies are one of the key strategies under the NDIS and My Aged Care reforms to support wellness, reablement and participation for clients with disabilities and aged care needs.
The Fundamentals of AT is a LifeTec learning and development product, developed and owned by LifeTec, and delivered under license by Independent Living Centre WA in partnership with LifeTec.
This workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand how AT can enable people to remain safe and independent, and remain active participants in their community
- Be familiar with a range of basic (level 1) AT and be aware of level 2 AT available to support people in everyday activities
- Be more aware of the different levels of AT, and of the risks, limitations and responsibilities in relation to these
- Follow a safe and client centred process in addressing AT needs, and know when and how to refer clients for additional support
- Be aware of tailoring information to the needs of individual clients, and offer AT information within a timely and client-centred approach
- Support clients by demonstrating ways of accessing good sources of information about AT
This workshop is essential for:
- Support workers
- Support coordinators
- Nursing staff
- RAS assessors
- Local coordinators and planners
- Activity officers
- Residential care staff
- Allied health staff who are new to AT
- Therapy Assistants
- Pharmacy assistants
- Suppliers and retail staff
Upcoming workshop dates.
- Monday 22nd May 2017
- Tuesday 11th July 2017
- Please click here to register your attendance
Per person: $140.00
Organisation rates: Up to 15 people, 1 trainer = $1,220.00
Over 15 people and up to 30 people, 2 trainers = $1,820.00
Contact our Training Coordinator on (08) 9381 0600 to discuss your organisation’s interest in this training. A free consultation meeting can be arranged to discuss your training priorities and desired learning outcomes for your staff members.